Clients often talk to us about their warehouses being in disarray. It is astounding to hear, considering that warehouses not only contain their most valuable assets, but need to be as operationally efficient and effective as possible. A client once advised that there were so many boxes in aisles on a daily basis that you could not walk through the aisles.
Common problems faced by clients are:
- No understanding of what stock is currently in the warehouse
- Sending incomplete customer orders (if an order item cannot be located in the warehouse the order is sent regardless)
- Sending the wrong product to the customer
- Attempting to ‘pick’ an order only to discover there is no stock
- Too many manual processes